10.08.2007

26w 6d - HypnoBirthing® Class Update

We have already had 3 classes! Only 2 more left. We have 2 other couples in our class who are due around mid-November, so we've had to "crunch" several classes together. That's OK--it just gives us more time to practice our relaxation, visualization, and deepening techniques!

Our class focuses on the philosophy of the natural birth using the HypnoBirth® techniques. I am loving it! We've worked on releasing fears we are facing about childbirth and parenthood, because fear only results in tension, which results in pain, which results in more fear! The never ending cycle... The fear and tension result in the "fight or flight" reflex and type of adrenaline which is definitely not conducive to childbirth! If you are afraid and tense, your cervix is only going to be that much tighter to not allow the baby a relaxed, welcoming door to the world.

Then of course we are also working on relaxation techniques. Sometimes our instructor will read us scripts to help us learn to relax. So far I have come really close to falling asleep on two different occasions! I guess that's really relaxed! She said that's OK as long as I "come back" to the room when she prompts us, which indicates I subconsciously heard her and wasn't fully asleep.

There is so much more to these classes than I'm able to write about here. I'm definitely inspired and I'm closer to being empowered to have the childbirth experience I desire. If you have questions about HypnoBirthing® please do not hesitate to ask me!

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty cool. I wish I had known about such things with my babies. I did alright with Lamaze though. I don't have a problem relaxing. It was helpful for me, while in labor, to hang my head, close my eyes and breathe. I really liked holding Darrell's hand too, that was comforting to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige