5.17.2008

Sleep 2

Sleep... it's overrated... right?

I figured out he's not getting enough to eat before Jason and I are in bed. I've tried the "dream feeds" in the past and they didn't seem to help--he would still wake at least twice over night. So, last night I decided it was worth a try again and had Jason give him a full 4 oz bottle of Mommy Milk. He only woke again at 3 AM to eat. Score! Jason gave him another bottle but I was so engorged I had to go downstairs to pump! Doh!

I appreciate the concept and have no basic problem with co-sleeping, but somehow I end up getting even less sleep trying that. Zyler tends to kick and wiggle in the early morning, keeping me awake. I may give it another go during/after that early morning feed, though, and see if it helps me/us get more rest. That way I don't have to use so much energy sitting up to feed him and get him back into bed.

I am certainly open to discussion and comments on the sleep subject!

4 comments:

  1. The secret....sleep when he sleeps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine. I do try! Really, I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, feeding little Zy during the night, while still lying down is not working?
    You not having to actually sit up for the feeding may help, or is that what you mean by "dream feeds"?
    It was standard issue for my 3.

    Missed ya at Birth Circle.
    Hope to see you guys very soon!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, to this day, can't sleep with a kid in the bed. I sometimes have a hard time with Darrell in the bed!

    Hope he starts sleeping better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige