2.28.2010

Ups & Downs

I'm well overdue for an update, so I thought I'd share one in the form of a few ups and downs.

First, some downs:
  • I've had off and on struggles with increased intensity of Braxton Hicks contractions. They are definitely more noticable this go around, and with my diastasis recti again, the more intense contractions only aggravate those tearing muscles...
  • We probably won't have Zyler's new room ready in time to move him before his little sister arrives... but not a big deal. It will all work out. The baby will start in our room anyway.
  • After two appeals, our health insurance carrier continues to deny coverage of the home birth and prenatal care. The home birth I can somewhat understand, but I am still fighting for the prenatal care. I'm not hopeful for a "win" on this battle, but at least I can say that I tried. Anyone out there happen to have any experience with civil action under ERISA?
  • Still undecided on "Peanut's" legal name. It was a very difficult decision for us for Zyler, too. He was a day old before we committed.
And, the ups:
  • My checkups have all been great. No reason for concerns... Peanut moves a lot and is in excellent position. My midwives are confident I will have a much quicker labor this time. We recently had my home visit where they delivered the birth pool (on loan), went over some other supplies, and walked us through a mock birth "just in case" Peanut decides to appear before they arrive!
  • A HUGE thanks to Mom & Dad Kite for all their decorating help (again!). They have ripped up the carpeting and painted beautiful blue in the spare bedroom (Z's new room). You guys rock!!
  • My friend at church insisted on throwing us another baby shower. (She hosted one for Zyler, as well.) So, we have a very adorable start on girl's clothing. I had bought some cute things on Craigslist, as well, and Zyler's infant clothing is in really good shape. Thank you again, Corey!
... 'til next time!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for your message! ~ Paige