3.23.2011

A Wellness Goal Made Public

Twice this week I have made it 10 minutes on Jason's old 10-speed bike on our very hilly road. My legs were on fire afterward, and I could hardly walk down the stairs! But of course the accomplishment felt wonderful after having too many months years of mushy muscles!

"They" say it's best to tell your friends of your goals, or otherwise make them public, to keep yourself accountable. So... here I go. I'm officially making known here of my goal to keep up the biking at least 3 times per week. YES, I can do this and be a good example for A and Z. Three times per week is attainable. Carving out enough time in the day [for myself] can be tricky these days, but I figure 10 minutes is more than 0 minutes!

(Doesn't it take 21+ days to form a habit?)

What Have I Been Doing Already? 
I have also done some Yoga/Pilates DVDs. Those are nice when some Zen time is needed but don't quite give me that invigorating cardio workout for my heart. I've tried doing some stairs in the house or on the deck (while kiddos nap) for cardio but talk about boooooring! Pushups have also helped my back and posture somewhat. Go figure! ;)

What other ideas do you have for exercising on a budget? 

Inspirations
I should note some of my inspirations. A friend has a very inspiring blog, "Fat Little Legs," where she details her journey to lose 100+ pounds, with good ol' diet and exercise. Sarah, you rock!! I also recently found Jillian Michael's podcast [iTunes] which has given me another good kick in the pants in the areas of wellness and exercise!

2 comments:

  1. I just clicked over here from facebook... because I was excited for you, and then I find myself (blush)!!!

    Super great job on the bike. My opinion but I think it takes longer than 21 days to form a habit...just keep making baby steps and eventually you will find it does become automatic, but not as soon as you think... at least for me that was true.

    Also... walking and running and/or some combo is one of the cheapest things you can do. Once it finally warms up here (if ever, nice MN March snowstorm hit today) I will be out doing both I hope as nausea hopefully starts to subside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Agreed on the 21. Hence the + symbol there. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige