9.27.2006

Healing

I met a wonderful lady nurse, Julie, for dinner tonight to discuss the mc. She has also suffered a mc and has been very active with the support group through RMH (which is not meeting due to no participation). Julie was wonderful and very open with her feelings about how she dealt with her loss and learned from it. Personally, I still have learning and I'm sure emotional healing to do. I will never forget the baby we lost. I feel amazingly better and have felt God's presence and healing the entire time. I cannot believe it's been 2 months since my D&C. I still ask "why" but remember that we don't always get an answer for that question. I have definitely learned how fragile and precious life truly is. Through my readings I learned even more that so many hundreds of things have to fall into place exactly right, that the miracle of life truly is a miracle. I knew that but hadn't full realized it. I believe that my openness to seek help and do my own research has drastically helped and sped my healing process. Jason and I also met with the leader/counselor with the support group, Nancy. She is wonderful and I feel the urge to tell everyone I know about her program. I have not found anything like it in Augusta County. If you know of anyone who has suffered a mc and has not had the voice to express her feelings, please let her know about the RMH program through the Center for Behavioral Health. I hope they can get the group going again soon.

~ P

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Lynelle had her miscarriage she was only about three weeks pregnant and we had only known about it for a week or so. I think it is what the doctor called an "early" miscarriage. So, I guess I can't really say that I know exactly what you're going through but maybe I'll share with you a couple of thoughts that I had shortly after it happened.

    I took a lot of comfort in the fact that, because I believe that we're living in the Lord's will, he orders our steps and has a very detailed plan for each one of us. Who was I to question him?

    I also remember thinking that maybe this child was spared from something a lot worse.

    Well, just a couple of thoughts. Hope it helps in some small way.

    M.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige