9.29.2006

We Want to Know Why

As people, I think we all naturally want to ask why bad things happen to us. It reminds me of the book "Why Bad Things Happen to Good People." (No, I have not read it but I have heard it's worth the read!) Natural disasters, terrorist attacks, fatal child diseases, infant deaths, still births, and, of course, miscarriages. One friend told me, a couple of weeks after the mc, that when she was pregnant with her son, she prayed to God that if anything was wrong with his health that would make him suffer for a very long time, to please take him from her as early as possible. I appreciated her sharing that prayer with me. Very honest and real, and it brought a new perspective for me.

Last night at my Stephen Ministry Supervision meeting, a dear friend in the group spoke of her friend who recently terminated a pregnancy. Their baby had severe Downs Syndrome. Another S.M. member's nephew has lost 2 baby infants in a row who had severe defects. How sad for these families. In this respect, I am thankful that our baby went to heaven when she did. We may never know or completely understand why these types of unthinkable losses occur. Nevertheless, we have to know that God IS good and is watching over us... Somehow has a plan for each of us... And grieves with us.

~ P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige