3.08.2010

More "Month 9" Ups & Downs

Time for a few more ups and downs:

Downs ... with Ups
  • I tested positive again for GBS, as I did with Zyler. (See previous GBS posts.) Not a huge concern, as many women choose not to get the test and deliver perfectly healthy babies... but my supervising midwives were especially concerned for different reasons. I wanted to proceed with a home birth, so we decided to have me test again after I had been diligent about various measures to eradicate the bacteria. The drama and stress of the situation was great, due to details not appropriate for this public media, but we were successful and got a negative result! So, we have a plan of action for treatment during labor, as well as while I am still pregnant (including garlic and a chlorhexidine wash). I am trusting that all will work out as it should. I prayed for God to let me know if I should return to a hospital-planned birth (for IV antibiotics), but I have yet to receive that message. So, just another down that has become an "up." :)
  • No imminent signs of labor... but my midwives are hoping I make it at least another week so as to have as strong a baby as possible. (See above bullet.) At my last checkup, however, they guesstimated a good-sized baby at maybe 7.25 lb.
  • Got a little cold from Zyler. Nothing too miserable, though.
  • I'm still feeling relatively good. Sleep is pretty good (most nights), and my diastasis recti isn't quite as painful as a few weeks ago.
  • Zyler's new room (aka "blue room") is coming along. (I know, we need to get some pictures!) Jason and his dad got the sub-floor installed. Now, to purchase new hardwood flooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige