3.23.2010

Proud Momma!!

Drum roll please... A few days ago--I believe on Saturday--Zyler, at 26 months, peed in his potty for the first time!

He and I had finished his bath, and he wanted to sit on his potty as usual and was repeating "pee potty!" I tried to wait patiently as he stared up at me. I got the feeling I wasn't supposed to stay in the room! (Like his Daddy already!) So, I asked him if he wanted Mommy to go in the hallway, and I told him I'd come back in when he was finished. I left the door cracked so I could watch him through the mirror but he got up and shut to door on me! I softly cracked it back open to look and saw that he was sitting on the potty again. I opened the door a few moments later to check and he said "pee, potty!" Indeed, he had gotten it all in his potty!

It is so funny how proud we are of those "firsts!" I couldn't contain myself and made such a big deal of it, of course. The next evening we tried again with Daddy helping with bath time but while we went in the hallway, he proceeded to pee all over the 1978 shag carpet. LOL!! I laughed and Daddy kind of threw up his hands. We were hoping we'd have a few more months before that started. Maybe we will have to redecorate the kids' bathroom sooner rather than later. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Zyler! A proud "Mommy & Daddy Moment" indeed!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige