2.24.2011

Potty "Training" Woes

So Zyler is nearing 37 months... Still no willingness to use the potty with any regularity and without much coercion. Any potty talk I instigate, he tells me, "Mommy, I don't want to be a big boy!!" We've changed his sheets 3 times in less than a week... One day he went through 3 pair of pants due to full (high quality) diapers.

We've tried just about every "trick" in the book in the "traditional" potty training sense... He is just going to have to use the potty when he decides he is good and ready.

I know it will be all behind us in the blink of an eye, but while we are living this challenge, it is beyond frustrating!

Vent over. :) I'm crossing fingers that he'll be one of those "fully" trained in about a week, with #1s and #2s (mostly) in the potty. Here's hoping!

What potty training "nightmares" can you share?

2 comments:

  1. we are in the exact same boat as you so you are not alone. I hear ya on the frustration part though! Argh! Not to mention the expense of 2 kids in diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here Paige and Julia, Becca is not wanting to use the potty all the time, but when she does go, she is very excited. Yeah, its very expensive with two, I have Jon-Ira in size one's and Becca in pull ups, and the coupons can't come fast enough

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige