5.31.2007

8w 5d - Ups & Downs & Decisions

Downs

  • I thought I was getting sick yesterday (slightly sore throat). I didn't set my alarm this morning and planned to come in late but I was feeling better this morning. Hopefully it is just allergies.

Ups

  • Time is starting to move faster for me. I feel a little better and I'm not as worried about losing the baby. I know we're not "out of the woods" yet though.

Decision, decisions...

  • I've 99% decided to use a hypnobirthing practitioner in the Harrisonburg area who teaches the classes and provides the book/CDs. I asked her for references and I spoke/emailed with 2 of her hypnobirthing moms. I'm sold! I see no drawbacks to using this technique and I see how the relaxation and meditation techniques can be used in every day life. If you'd like to learn more, check the hypnobirthing link on the right, or go here.
  • I've also chosen a new practice. I believe it has 2 OBs and 3 midwives. I've heard tons of positive feedback about the practice and midwives, including from a mom of 2 boys who uses that practice. She is also a nurse at the hospital where I plan to deliver and is accustomed to working with most of the area practitioners. I'm really looking forward to the experience of working with the certified nurse midwives. I'm staying open minded though and keeping my options open in case I am not comfortable there. My first appointment there is Tuesday with the nurse educator to go over medical history and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige