5.06.2007

Care Receiver

I have intended to post for quite some time about Stephen Ministry. I posted about it a while back. I went through hours upon hours of training last year to become a Stephen Minister at our church. Finally, after much patience and faithful S.M. "supervision" meeting attendance, I finally got matched with a "care receiver." Due to confidentiality, I will not reveal the source of her crisis or reason she needed a Stephen Minister. I simply express my thankfulness to God in allowing me to serve in this manner. The ministry is very quiet compared to other typical ministries in a church, as Stephen Ministry does not receive a grand amount of attention from a congregation. However, it is incredibly rewarding and offers vast room for personal and Christian growth. I look forward to more learning from and more listening to my care receiver in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige