6.27.2007

12w 1d - First Heartbeat Appointment!

We had our appointment today to hear the heartbeat. Also a urine sample, PAP, and physical. The midwife found the hb right away at 170 bpm and it was so amazing! The baby even swam from it at first and then she had no trouble finding it again. We were able to record it for our nearby loved ones to be able to hear. Today was a big milestone for us as when we went in to hear the heartbeat with our angel in June '06, well of course there wasn't a heartbeat. I thought I'd be nervous today but I was surprisingly calm. I feel a little guilty that I'm not a lot more excited than I am. I think it's mostly the emotional wall that is still up. The super positive news is that our risk of a miscarriage now is less than 3%!

The MW (Donna) was awesome. She allowed lots of time for questions, and she agreed to change our due date on their records to reflect when I ovulated instead of LMP (last monthly period). So it is officially Jan 8 but of course we could realistically still have a Christmas bundle! She even said my uterus felt about 12 weeks along so everything is matching up date wise.

We've decided to decline any genetic screens and will wait for the 20-wk u/s to check for any abnormalities/normalities then. I go back in 4 weeks on 7/25 to hear the heartbeat again (hmm look at that, the anniversary of my D&C)! This year it will be a much happier day!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such a great appointment!! Indeed, 7/25 will be a better day...I am so excited for you and J.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige