1.26.2007

First

Howdy, so here is my first post on this blog. I have felt the urge to write more about this part of my life journey but I'm not ready to shout it out to the world, so I decided to create this private blog. It's hard to tell the world that you're trying to conceive (TTC). I would dread hearing "are you pregnant?" every time I see somebody. And the advice... some of the advice that I hear can get old... but I welcome it too because I know you are trying to help, and I may just learn something, truly! Also, it's hard to know who to tell before that "safe" period before the miscarriage risk. I would want to surround myself with people who can support me if that happens again, but it would be hard to hear somebody I hadn't seen every day ask about the pregnancy after I had lost the baby.

But anyway, consider yourself privileged if you are reading this. ;-) And it goes without saying, but please keep the subject matter "private."

It has been quite a journey thus far. You likely know most of my story up to now. My husband, Jason, and I started TTC in May of '06, conceived right away, and had a miscarriage last July. I have blogged about my experiences of that ordeal on our family webblog (click here for those posts). Since then, we have tried off and on, but have given it a "good honest try" for only 4 months since losing our angel.

I started charting and temping, as they say in this TTC community. The link to my fertility chart is here. It's confusing if you know nothing about the subject but basically the vertical line shows when I ovulate, and I can keep track of all sorts of signs and symptoms throughout my womanly cycle. Our bodies are so confusing yet so amazing. I've found comfort in getting to know my body on this level. I never knew it had so much to tell me!

I hope you will enjoy this walk along with me to this destination only God is sure of!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige