1.08.2007

Praise God from Whom ALL Blessings Flow!

I have been saying this to myself the past week or so. I'm not sure why it's gotten in my head. A true message from Him, I'm sure. It's the first line of a Christian hymn, "Doxology." We sung it a lot in the church in which I grew up (Pleasant View Lutheran Church, Staunton), and I probably haven't sung it in years, so it surprised me when I began rehearsing it to myself. I don't typically break out in song, so I got an odd look from Jason at home. :) The verse reads as follows:
Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye Heavenly Host.
Praise Father, Son & Holy Ghost.
Amen.
And so, in between breaking out in song singing this tune, I have been mentally Praising God and Giving Thanks for my various blessings this week:
  • good health
  • vocation I enjoy
  • happy marriage
  • safe and warm shelter
  • new friends who invite me to worship with them
  • renewed and growing peace and support during our TTC journey
  • and everything(one) else I take for granted on a daily basis
Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Heya Paige, it's Amy from TTC. It's great to meet other Christians! God is good all the time, even when things are difficult. I've gone through some hard times in life - but He's always seen me through and kept me safe!

    Praise God for that! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige