3.02.2007

CD 3 - I'm Not Sure Whether I Want to Become a Mother Because...

  • From what friends and family say, my entire life and purpose for it will change. Life will no longer be about me. It will be about my child. That will mean giving up a lot of personal "me" time. Life will revolve around my child for the next 18+ years. I like my space and time to do what I want, when I want.
  • The responsibility scares me yet intrigues and excites me at the same time. I hear stories of parents taking home their first baby thinking, "What, they're really going to let me leave with this baby? Are they sure this is safe? That we can really take care of it?" I bet I would be thinking the same thing! I suppose I could practice by carrying around a crystal egg, like the one in the movie Risky Business with Tom Cruise for about 3-6 months. I remember how much trouble he got in with his mother when she found the crack in the egg after she and his father returned home from their vacation. I fear I would easily "crack" or break a baby!
  • My marriage would turn upside down in many ways. Less sex, more stress, different topics that would require our communication between each other. We would be changing many of our typical routines.
  • I would have to spend less time with my dogs. Indy & Razor would adjust, but they would most certainly be jealous of the baby on some levels. Indy would suffer more. He is more "needy" than Razor. Razor in his Labrador Retriever way is more capable of "going with the flow." Indy, however, has more needs. At his Border Collie core, he needs a job and needs to feel needed.

That's all I can think of at the moment. They don't sound like very significant reasons to me so far to halt this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige