3.12.2007

My Childhood Pony Remembered

Snowball (1975-March 2007); I owned him approx. 1987-1990. I will try to post a picture soon!

From a former owner:
This is the letter that I have dreaded writing for years but I wanted to let all of you know that our little boy has gone on to Heaven. As most of you know he had a displaced colon last September that Va. Tech was able to fix and the same thing happened again yesterday. Carolyn, Holly and I decided not to put him through any more surgery, and Mt. View did all that they could but he was just too old. Carolyn and her family wanted to bury him on their farm so they went and picked him up this morning and did just that. He will always hold a very special place in all our hearts especially those of you he taught how to ride and simply those who knew him. He was one of a kind...
And another:
He was a great little guy---how many careers did he have? How many people did he carry? How many children loved him (except possibly at foxhunting time!)?

If there are ponies in heaven (and I sincerely hope so), he will certainly be there. I'm sure that He who oversees all will forgive Snowball a few bucks and a few extracurricular grab-the-bit-and-runs (mostly in his youth), for all the good works he performed with the mini-jockeys.

Perhaps God waits even now to greet him with the words we will all hope to hear one day, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige