3.02.2007

CD 3 (cycle day 3)

I have started reading on more natural methods to assist fertility. I've joined some "fertility alternative" online boards and started reading Fertility Wisdom: How Traditional Chinese Medicine Can Help Overcome Infertility by Angela C. Wu. Chinese medicine and acupuncture is all about finding the proper and natural balance in our bodies. Ms. Wu describes and illustrates many methods in this book that can be used and practiced throughout everyday life in conjunction with other natural methods or with a modern western medical fertility doctor. I look forward to learning more about these practices. I will also ask my friend who sees an acupuncturist more about what she has learned.

Also I called my OB-GYN and got the name of the fertility doctor (reproductive endocrinologist, or R.E.) that they refer patients to. The nurse gave me the name of Dr. Bruce Bateman at Martha Jefferson Hospital in Charlottesville. I plan to quietly ask around about him and other doctors in the area, just to gather more information in case I decide to make an appointment somewhere.

Jason & I have decided to "take a break" this cycle. The stress of trying will not be missed; though, I think we are getting better at keeping it fun ;) when the fertile time rolls around. We are not thrilled about the idea of a December baby. (My brother seems to get the "shaft" every year. His birthday is December 19.) However, if we are blessed with an "accident" this cycle, what a blessing it would be! And, there's always the possibility that he/she could come early (November)! Not knowing my ovulation date yet of this cycle, an estimated due date would be approximately December 8.

I am loving this blog! It's excellent to be able to get all my thoughts and many resources listed in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige