12.19.2007

37w 1d - Doula Visit

My doula came for her second visit tonight. We went over techniques/words/actions that I think will help relax me, and I went over some of the basic HypnoBirthing® techniques that have "clicked" with me to relax me in my practice sessions. She's concerned about J feeling uncomfortable or "pushed aside" but I told her I didn't think it would be a concern, and that he understands the value and importance of a doula. I spoke with him later just to be sure, and he confirmed... He said that if it makes his job of my birth companion a little easier, then it sounds like an excellent deal to him! :o)

My friend J was visiting that evening before my doula arrived and got to meet her. She has a great sense of character and said she got good vibes from my doula. I told her that so did I, or I wouldn't have hired her. :-) My friend asked about how to become certified. I told her what I knew and that I think she'd be an amazing doula! I hope she will be able to look into it more down the road. It would be an excellent line of work for her.

1 comment:

  1. Hee-hee, Neat-o!
    Let your friend know that Childbirth International is the course that I chose, because it was THE most thorough course available.
    Here is a sample course that they offer anyone interested in becoming a doula.
    http://childbirthinternational.com/BecomeDoula/sample.htm
    Take good care, get your rest!
    See you very soon!!! :)
    Kelly K.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige