12.31.2007

38w 6d - Pampering

For Christmas my mother-in-law treated me to a pedicure and manicure! (Thanks, Mom!) I made the appointment for today and it was wonderful--the brief foot massage especially! I went to a newer spa in Waynesboro and the staff was very friendly. Sometimes you have too many of the employees who don't speak English so the feeling is very "cold." But these folks were great. Now I'll have pretty toes for that glorious birthing day. =)

A funny story came from that New Year's Eve trip. An older woman came in for her first pedicure ever with her granddaughter and great-granddaughter. While we let our toes dry, she asked me about my pregnancy and noted that I would not be allowed to keep on my toe color for delivery. Say again? I told her I had never heard of that, and asked if she was sure that was still true? She seemed pretty confident so I assured her I would ask at my next appointment. During my manicure, she asked her granddaughter who confirmed "they" no longer request this of moms. =) The sweet lady told me that she had her babies 40-some years ago, so it was an old "rule." Apparently they needed your nails clean to check for circulation and hydration. Kind of funny the things they used to "do" to moms. No more enemas or shaving, either!! ;)

Happy New Year! Looks like we will get to meet "Pason" in 2008 after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige