7.05.2007

13w 2d - Ups & Downs

Downs
  • It is still strange for me to be 100% joyful and excited about this pregnancy. I believe that innocent joy of a new pregnancy is never regained after a loss or serious complication. Therefore, I am still not open about the pregnancy. I figure people will just hear "through the grapevine" or eventually see the growing belly!
  • I tried ordering curtain valances for the little bedroom (even though it still feels too early) in hopes to match paint swatches with it. Home Depot has the Behr sale through this Saturday, and I'm afraid I'll miss the sale for this room.

Ups

  • Jason's aunt has already offered to host a baby shower. How sweet!! I'd like to have a co-ed style shower, but I'm not sure how well that would go... Please let me know if you have suggestions on how best to make this work and how to attract the men!
  • First trimester symptoms are pretty much gone. I suppose I can call myself now in the second trimester yippee! (Some sources say it's not until the end of 13 weeks. Oh well, I'm calling it!) I've been exercising regularly and I feel great. Headaches still crop up occassionally, but I'm still pregnant, so all is well!
  • I loved the midwife I met at my first "real" appointment and can't wait for my next one to meet another midwife!

2 comments:

  1. My SIL hosted a co-ed shower, all you have to do is have beer, good food and don't make them play any games and all will be good! Guys love any reason to get together. They won't admit it but they are just like us girls! :) -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had a co-ed shower, it was fine. tamara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige