4.06.2007

Miscellaneous

We attended a surprise 60th birthday party tonight for Uncle Jim. They had him fooled until he saw his son's (Jason's cousin) car. Then he knew he had been "set up" in his words. What a fun night, though. He is such a good sport.

We need to take pictures of the living room. It is "torn apart" in almost every sense. When we bought the house in '03 almost every room and hallway had the horrifying 70s wallpaper... and shag carpet. We're down to seven rooms and one hallway (I think--sometimes my math isn't the best) with the ugly wallpaper. Anyway the living room has the wains coating removed and I've finally finished stripping wallpaper and washing off the paste. No more wallpaper!! Ever!! I think it is supposedly fairly easy to remove the newer type of wallpaper and paste, but after everything we've seen and done thus far, I don't think we would want to touch it ever again! It seems so much easier to paint a new color when you're bored with the look. I've even tried my hand at sponge painting in the dining room. My friend actually thought it was wallpaper, so I must have done a decent job.

Tomorrow I'll do a pilates class at Gold's Gym with a friend I've met through church who also has struggled with fertility (i.e., multiple miscarriages and a still birth). I need to get back to an exercise routine. It really helps my stress level. Hopefully this class can be my push back into it.

Jason is off to Mexico again in a week. It won't be so bad for us this time since it will be only one week instead of two (barring no travel challenges on the return trip).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message! ~ Paige